There was an error in this gadget

Friday, November 9, 2012

Even More Catch Up and my Birthday!

how did we do on our fall bucket list? There's still time to make a pie! Maybe even a bonfire...



 I have kept my political opinions generally to myself for the EXACT reason that I see happening all over facebook/LIFE. Friends and family tearing into each other... I in no way think that Obama is perfect, but PLEASE PEOPLE... have some respect for the *re elected* leader of our nation and for other people's opinions. This is Democracy and it IS progress. I voted for him and as easy as it is to stand by someone when they have already won... I feel safe enough to talk about it. Facebook became a hostile environment and spawned so much hatred and foul conversations and name calling between people that otherwise like each other. I refused to get on board.

In other news, I turned 29 yesterday. I had a great laid back day that involved watching the 4 or so inches of the first snowfall of the year melt away in the sun. Maris had school and Jim had work. Jackson and I headed to the consignment shop and used up my store credit to get some Lands End snow boots and coats for the kiddos and a few pairs of pjs and pants. (and some books for Santa to bring. Hey, what do they care where I get them or if they were pre-read?) then headed to Kmart with my sister and got myself a pair of jeans that FIT me! We really didn't have the money for it, but with us not going out for my birthday, we had that money free. In retrospect, I should have gotten FOOD... but today is payday. ONE DAY we won't live paycheck to paycheck.
 Anyways, my awwesome Mom threw me a family dinner party and I drank moscato champagne and bailey's, ate tons of delicious food and my stepdad always gets me cannolis :) I love my family. This beat going out to any restaurant any day!

 my drunken trifle. brownie soaked in baileys, white cake soaked in kahlua, 2 types of pudding, crushed halloween oreos layer, heath bar layer... yum.





 Beatles gift and Beatles card. It's like they know me... :p



and this is how I helped to clean up haha

2 comments:

  1. Love your hair pulled over tot he side in the braid! Hope your birthday was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) It is Maris' hair style of choice, so I tried it on myself! haha it keeps my long bangs out of my face. The birthday was fun, just what I needed, a relaxed night with family :)... the alcohol was nice as well ;)

    ReplyDelete