Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Happy New Year. Hello 2013!
Other than the missing kitty, life is fantastic. Our house is over run with new gifts from everyone this holiday season and we are trying to make room for everything. We are searching for a new and bigger place in the area so HOPEFULLY that will be soon. If only my job was steady, we could look into an actual house. My hours are so erratic and only when they need me, so it isnt a steady paycheck lately. I know this will change in the upcoming months, but it is still hard on us since the miniscule checks aren't going into our house fund and Jimmy works at least 6 days a week to get us out of here.
I guess that is all the catch-up in a summary...
2012 was a good and a bad year for us... my Maris started Kindergarten and Jackson started preschool, we lost my Aunt Sherry... so many to list. but I've said goodbye to 2012 and I'm ready to take on 2013.
and here are my resolutions!
1. Get into shape! (isn't it on just about everyone's list?) I have really been doing the wii fit and exercising but I keep plateauing and getting frustrated. Not really gaining, but I am done making babies so I can strive to get the body back! Plus Miranda is getting married and I don't want to look fat in her wedding photos! haha
2. Save Extra Money. Just keep thinking HOUSE HOUSE HOUSE... I have a habit of splurging on the kiddos by taking them out to Chuck E Cheese or lunch or something when I have some spare cash. Although this is nice every once in a while, being in a house would feel soooo much better! Cut out my McDonald's sweet tea addiction. Granted its only a buck each time, but those dollars add up! I got an awesome travel cup for Christmas so I will make a habit of brewing my own and taking it with me. and with my constant supply of chewy ice in the freezer, it can even be icy tea! We had a family meeting of sorts and discussed the plan to get out of here within the year. Time to bust some ass.
3. Make an Etsy Shop many people keep telling me to do this. I love to create things and I do it bc it makes me happy. To be paid for these things would be just fantastic. I am thinking of trying out selling in the craft fair this next Christmas season.. making some ornaments and sewing some stuff... maybe the barrette holders I made for the girlies for Christmas... squirreling the pennies!
4. Learn to Knit/Crochet not that I need more projects to take on (I have been known to take on too much) but I really want to learn. Plus if I get good at it, it might make me some extra cash as well. another plus... I can make cute stuff for my kiddos (and myself!)
5. Get Organized! if you've been to my house, you know that we are collectors of things. borderline hoarders so I've been told. In this small space, I have been forcing myself to go through my things and make the tough decisions of what I REALLY need. I have to get rid of a lot of my old clothes. I held onto lots of my pre-kid stuff and bank teller clothes for when I get those parts of my life back but as Jim says, they will be outdated and it takes up space. We'll get me some new clothes when that time comes. New clothes out of the deal? Sounds good to me.
6. Finish Projects I just did a quick count of the started projects I have stashed away and are just waiting to be done. 12. and that's off the top of my head. I bet there are more hiding away. I have to learn to finish something before starting something else. I get excited to do something new and ditch the old projects... I have decreased my fabric scrap pile by making all the kids aprons at the gingerbread house party. I plan on using a bunch of the old teeshirts I dig out by making capes for Jackson's upcoming super hero party this spring. Reduce reuse recycle? upcycle?
Self improvement. Family improvement. Life improvement. Staying positive and moving upward! Happy New Year Everyone. Let's hope 2013 is a good year.