Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Rock Filled Weekend :)

I am very very excited for my upcoming music filled weekend! Kicking it off will be Friday night. As soon as Daddy gets home, I will be kissing the kiddos goodnight and heading to Bethel Woods for a night of 90's nostalgia for Summerfest. It is Gin Blossoms, Everclear, Sugar Ray, Lit, and Marcy Playground. My immense love of the 90's era is just glowing with happiness! haha :) 
I will be attending this one technically solo since my "date" had to skip out due to an unexpected opportunity to travel to Europe... can't blame them there really. My hubs said he's rather stab his ears with pencils or something to that nature so he will be home with the kiddos. My sister and her fiancee Josh (my buddy) and my cousin and her hubs are going and a whole slew of friends here and there are all going. I declared that I'd go alone if need be when I bought the tickets so I'm not concerned with who I sit with so much. I do plan to meet up and tailgate with the fam - sis and cous and crew. As long as I hear Santa Monica I will be happy. Not gonna lie, I really am most pumped about Everclear and Gin Blossoms. I've already seen Sugar Ray when they opened for Goo Goo Dolls way back in 2000. :)
THEN the next night, I will be going with Jim and friends to see Wreckless Eric. Most people I say this to are genuinely confused and have never heard of him... The Monkees cover his most famous song Whole Wide World and it was also in the movie Stranger Than Fiction - Will Ferrel sings it to Maggie Gyllenhaal and from that monment, Will Ferrel won me over :) ... 'Scene' here:
     

Here is the original :





I have heard live recordings of him and he is a super funny guy and I can't wait!
The kids will be staying at Gramma Ankle's so they are happy! Then Sunday I go back to work... blech! But I will be sure to have some family fun time with the kiddos beforehand.



The Hello Kitty Peace Sign party planning is coming along nicely. I have a few things made, a few things started and a LOT planned. With almost exactly a month (minus a day) to get ready, I am feeling the pressure already. I have so many ideas, but we will see what my schedule and budget will allow. I cannot BELIEVE my sweet baby Maris will be FIVE! and then starting kindergarten the next month... don't get me started... too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment