Monday, November 7, 2011

So It's My Birthday...


I was trying to think of a good way to make an interesting post about being another year older. I am now twenty eight years of age. Getting older starts to make me think of things I want to do with my life... although I do understand that 28 is young *I'm not going through a midlife crisis or anything* I DO want to acknowledge that time is ticking and that I want to make a mark on this world. Life goes on whether I accomplish anything or not.
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" -John Lennon
What I am going to attempt to do is make a bucket list of sorts. Twenty Eight things I would like to achieve/experience in my lifetime. I have a running bucketlist in a notebook that I have been fortunate enough to cross things off of... so I will start fresh with undone ones.

1. Establish myself as a photographer
2. Get paid to do something I love... not just have a job. (goes hand in hand with #1)
3. Own a home - by water (always dreamed of having my own dock and boat to go out in whenever I wanted)
4. build an epic treehouse/fort for my kids in the yard of said house... the kind you see in movies like Now and Then... furniture and curtains...
5. experience the Northern Lights
6. Go to Europe
7. Go On A real safari
8. conquer my fears and ride a real rollercoaster
9. parasail... I chickened out twice...
10. Create something original to change someone's life/inspire someone
11. Go to the Galapagos Islands
12. Be Part of a flash mob
13. Live in NYC after the kids are grown (at least for a little while)
14. Have and enjoy spoiling grandchildren
15. have a works of mine published
16. Get a tattoo
17. Be a contestant on a game show (ahem Wheel of Fortune!)
18. Have happy well adjusted children
19. Ride on a fanboat!
20. making a salad solely out of things I grew in my garden on my waterfront property with a tree house :) *have a successful and extensive garden with herbs and vegetables* nothing like fresh mint for your tea and fresh snap peas :) mmmm
21. Learn to play guitar
22. Stay in the underwater hotel/resort in Fiji Poseidon Undersea Resort

23. watch every movie on the AFI's top 100 movies of all time

24. learn to play chess

25. drive across country - make a kick ass book of the photos

26. walk across abbey road (and get the picture of course!)

27. see my kids grow up and succeed in life

28. approach old age with grace, humor and health



Well! I am off to bed! It is my night off and I am still up at 1:30am... bad Marisa! Link

2 comments:

  1. Love your list and I love you!! Looking forward to you crossing some of these off!! Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete