Thursday, September 6, 2012

Honey Beer Bread.... Amazing!


Honey Beer Bread Recipe
(recipe found on Pinterest) *I tweaked it a bit from the original bc that's what I do!


Ingredients:
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar (I did one brown sugar and 1 white sugar)
  • 1 Tbsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar
  • 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer *I used Saranac Pumpkin Ale*
  • 4 Tbsp. (half stick) butter, melted (suggested to double it, but I didn't. I used 5 tbs)
  • I also added a dash of cinnamon
Method:
(Makes 1 loaf)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9″ x 5″ x 3″ inch loaf pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Using a wooden spoon, stir the beer and honey into the dry ingredients until just mixed.  (I recommend popping your honey in the microwave for a few seconds beforehand to make it easier to stir in!)
Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan. Then spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter. 
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve immediately.

he loves baking :)
looks fatty and gross, but it does absorb into the bread and makes a crispy crust
   I 
the smell in my kitchen is UNREAL!Can't wait for Jim to try this!




1 comment: