Thursday, June 7, 2012

Carpe Diem

We are staying true to our staying busy this spring/summer goal so far. This week I took the kids to a park on the state border (filled up with cheaper gas!) and we had a picnic lunch and walk by the river. We explored the paths and puddles for wildlife and saw a spider eating another spider. It was gigantic...

 Before we ate lunch, the kids got to play on one of the best playgrounds in the area. They never want to leave here... and the music speakers playing my kind of music makes Momma happy too!

.
 

There is something soothing about sitting back and throwing rocks into the water... Jacks wanted to throw the mega rock so I helped him before he hurt himself :) Maris is the budding photographer and wanted to photograph the event. The leg picture is the backsplash of river water that I was wearing after we threw the rock in.


 Look at that smile :)
  It was a great day... wish I had the energy/funds to do things every single day... with working nights a lot of my energy is limited, but I have always been good at running on little to no sleep even before kids.
 I hope to have many more fun outings this summer. I am always looking for things to do with them. I am trying to get some sort of activity/trip in at least once a week.
We do our at least once weekly bowling day and if the weather is nice, we are outside on the swing set or nature walking and bug hunting... 



We have had a lot of rain this spring so far so unfortunately we have had a lot of time to be inside but I have been trying to keep Maris' mind sharp for school... we get the workbooks and do art projects and lots of play doh time. She is obsessed with puzzles too.


We are planning a few upcoming activities to local museums and as the weather gets warmer, some beach days and park playdates.

1 comment: