Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thankful Thursday & my newest recipe

Happy Thursday. As it is a thankful Thursday, I will start out by saying I am thankful that it is my night off! My only one this week, but night off regardless! I actually got to be here to help tuck the kids in and Jim and I both read their bedtime stories to them =) I miss that event every night bc Im at work so they got a kick out of me being there.

Knowing I'd have the evening to relax, I took the day and did my wii fit this morning (no weight lost ~ barely any gained... but gotta get on top of that one!) we made pancakes with fresh strawberries cut up on top for breakfast and they ate like little beasts. I ate 1 very thin pancake with a ton of strawberries so Im good there. Then I took the remainder of the late morning early afternoon to clean out and organize the bathroom and laundry room, including finding homes for all the kids craft stuff (those who know from facebook I found an old secretary style desk piece at an estate sale that was sitting in my house with nothing in it). Well now it is a craft cabinet and I must say... its working out! Freed up all my space in the laundry room and also kicked up some old projects for me to finish.

Well then we made strawberry banana bread. I had planned on making banana bread since we had blackening bananas in the house, but it dawned on me that we have oodles of strawberries left from our fathers day adventure so I sliced some up and made my own twist on banana bread =) it is soooo good. we dove right into it after dinner bc it smelled so good. and it tastes great! the recipe I used is posted below.



Totally Moist and Delicious Strawberry Banana Bread!


3 bananas, overripe
1 stick (1/2 C or 8 tbsp) melted butter
2 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp vanilla


1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

3/4 c. sliced or chopped strawberries

Preheat oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas until there are no large chunks left. Add cooled melted butter and mix, then eggs and mix, then sugar and vanilla and mix again.

In a second bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt both to combine and aerate. Add flour mix to wet ingredients and stir slowly by hand until just combined. Do not over mix or the bread will be tough.

Fold in chopped or sliced strawberries until distributed well.


note: I pressed the strawberries with paper towels a bit so my bread wouldn't be soggy. Glad I did bc it is ridiculously moist as is!

Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.


another note - recipe says 60 mins but mine was done in about 40-45

No comments:

Post a Comment